Promoting Events for Success
If you are hosting a public event at the Woman’s Club, after you schedule an event you should:
- Make sure we have your event on the calendar schedule page with the correct title, date, and time.
- Provide us with details of the event:
- a photo or graphic to promote the event. (consider using canva.com)
- WHO: Who is the event for? Is the event private, open to the public, or just for members of the Woman’s Club?
- HOSTED BY: Provide hosted by information and at least one way to be contacted (your name, website, possibly phone and/or email).
- WHAT: What is the event? Describe the event. Is it a shopping experience, an open house, a lecture, a community service, a fundraiser, ….?
- WHEN/WHERE: We should already have the date and time. And we know where it is. Unless you are a member and are sponsoring an off-site event.
- HOW MUCH: Is the event free, donation, or fee-based? Please provide pricing information. If it is a fundraising event, provide a statement of where the proceeds will go. ex: “proceeds go to the Woman’s Club of Red Bank”.
- Ask us to post your event on our blog.
- Ask us to promote it in our monthly newsletter is going out and make sure we promote your event.
- Ask us to promote it on our social media channels (facebook and instagram). If we have advanced notice we can promote it multiple times before the event and on the day of the event.
- FLYERS: Flyers in the form of an IMAGE (jpg, png, and tiff) are great to share on social media. A PDF can be easily shared by forwarding emails. Ask us to provide a downloadable PDF on the blog post.