Wednesday, December 7th was our first annual Winter Wonderland event in our clubhouse. There were lots of sweets and lots of ooohs and ahhhs!
Click on the photos to see larger versions
The festivities inspired me to write this poem (best if sung to the tune of Shirley Temple’s Good Ship Lollipop)
Oh the Reckless house with lollipops….
It was a sweet trip to the donut shop
With a local artist display
And festivities on the Navesink bay
Christmas trees stand everywhere
Jazz holiday music filled the air
And there you are
Happy at the hot chocolate bar!
See the Hanukkah room
And the Kwanza corner
If you missed it, no need to Zoom
A visit to our 12/13 art show is in order.
A special thanks to all who attended and
- All our members who helped decorate the trees and winter wonderland – the vision of Carmela Sgalambro
- Those who brought sweets
- One of our newest members, Deena Coffee and Artis Senior Living sponsor of the hot chocolate bar
- The Red Bank Charter school children made sports ornaments, decorated our sports tree, and created our Kwanza corner
- Doug Clarke the phenomenal holiday jazz musician
- Local artist Irina Collister art and jewelry display. And Peggy Massee for displaying additional artist works
- And last but not least, Jill Merriman for tirelessly seeking and acquiring Christmas trees and ornament donations. She initiated this event which we hope will become an annual event to look forward to!