April 27th — May 1st
The physical Red Bank Public Library is CLOSED during the COVID-19 outbreak until further notice. Remote programs and services are still on offered.
ZOOM: To access the following Zoom programs please register beforehand on the link.
- On Tuesday, May 5th, and 7:30 PM, Financial Coach Amy Greene is offering a seminar titled “Your Financial Planning in a Crisis: How to Survive and Thrive.”
- This Thursday, April 30th, at 7 PM, Nicole Haines of the American Littoral Society is offering a Zero Waste Workshop.
- Artist-in-Residence, Joe Bergholm, is offering his monthly Artist’s Workshop over Zoom tomorrow at 7. Registration required, can be found at the link.
- Librarian Mary-Ellen Mess is presenting a Happy Hour Book Club over Zoom! Bring a book you’ve liked lately and make yourself a cocktail and join us for a discussion
Library Staff Blog Posts
- Library Staff Member and Dietitian Judy Klavens-Giunta wrote a piece on healthy, kid-friendly snacks you can make at home during the shutdown.
- It’s National Poetry Month! Members of the library staff submitted their favorite poems and share them here with you.
- Cookbook Club mediator Karen Cronin would like you to know you can check out cookbooks digitally using our 24-hour library.
- Mary-Ellen Mess has handpicked a few old articles from our Red Bank Register archives, including one where a young man, after a long night out, came home and milked the wrong cow. Take a stroll down memory lane here.
More Remote Programming Available
- Remote programming offered through our Facebook and YouTube pages.
- Miss Sira continues to post a Story Time every weekday at 10:30. All of those videos are available on Facebook
- Miss Jaime is offering TWO Power Play sessions a week: Tuesday at 6 PM is Power Play for Kids, Friday at 6 PM is Power Play for adults — if you miss it the day of, don’t worry! All of these are still available on Facebook.
- Week 5 of trivia starts today in our Instagram and Facebook stories! Whoever answers the most questions correctly over the course of the week will get a $25 Red Bank River Center gift card!
We’re getting really great submissions for our “Red Bank: Always Beautiful” photo contest. Submissions are going to be open for a few more months.